Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Bradley School No. 369 (Municipality of Emerson-Franklin)

The Bradley School District was organized formally in June 1885 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at the southeast corner of SE15-1-5E in in what is now the Municipality of Emerson-Franklin. The district was dissolved in 1967 and its catchment area became part of the Boundary School Division.

Among the teachers of Bradley School were Dan Tanchak and Felix Joseph Kulyk.

Bradley School No. 369

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.03013, W96.83169
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

School District Formation Files [Bradley School District No. 369], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 28 November 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.