This two-storey brick and stone building on Young Street in Winnipeg was designed and built in 1908 by the firm of Malcom Brothers at a cost of $8,000. The 31 by 40 foot building contained four residential apartments.
Manitoba Business: Malcom Construction
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 1908/1283, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer, George Penner, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 27 November 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.