Historic Sites of Manitoba: Paterson Grain Elevator (Waskada, Municipality of Brenda-Waskada)
A wooden grain elevator at Waskada, on the CPR Lyleton Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of Brenda-Waskada, was built in 1927, replacing two earlier elevators at the site, and operated by Paterson Grain. In 1940, a temporary 20,000-bushel annex was built beside it. A 48,000-bushel crib annex was constructed in 1952 and a 28,000-bushel crib annex was built in 1963. Major renovations to the elevator occurred in 1958. Closed around 2004, the elevator was later demolished.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Coordinates
Paterson Grain Brief, Reg Forbes Collection, 17-2002, Series II, Box 4, Grain Handling and Transportation Commission, Area 2 - Waskada 1011, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
Bridging Brenda, Volume 1 by Brenda History Committee, 1990, page 154.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Bernie Freeman.
Page revised: 9 May 2021