This two-storey brick building on Corydon Avenue in Winnipeg was designed by architect R. E. McDonald and built in 1919 as a branch of the Union Bank of Canada. It began to be used for other commercial purposes following the 1925 merger of the Union Bank with the Royal Bank of Canada.
The former Union Bank Building on Corydon Avenue at Winnipeg (April 2019)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.86959, W97.15742
denoted by symbol on the map above
Manitoba Business: Union Bank of Canada
Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.
We thank Jordan Makichuk for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 11 June 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.