This two-storey brick building along Central Avenue in the Town of Ste. Anne was built in 1908, the same year the Rural Municipality of Ste. Anne was reestablished, having been united with the RM of La Broquerie since 1890. On the west side of the building are engraved stones bearing the inscription “Cour de Comte” [County Court] and the years 1884 and 1910. At a July 2019 visit, the building was occupied by a property management business.
Ste. Anne Courthouse and Municipal Building (March 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
The former Ste. Anne Courthouse and Municipal Building (July 2019)
Source: Rose Kuzina
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.67003, W96.64694
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Dawson Road Monument (Centrale Avenue, Ste. Anne)
We thank Rose Kuzina for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 16 May 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!