Historic Sites of Manitoba: Sinclair River School No. 1895 (Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman)
In 1953, the building for Sinclair River School was moved to this site on the southeast quarter of 28-37-25 west of the Principal Meridian in what is now the Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman. It closed in 1966 but the building continued to be used as a community centre until 1989. It is no longer present at the site. A monument, erected in 1996, commemorates it.
Among the teachers of Sinclair River School were Jack L. Morrow, D. L. Cridge, N. M. O'Dell, M. W. Nicholls, Jean McArthur, Minnie Sinclair, T. L. Netherton, E. A. Nicol, Hazel Fisher, Ada Rombough, T. H. Worden, Iris Stewart, Ronald Broadfoot, Irene Loat, Margret Scarrow, C. E. Marshall, Marion Ferris, Cora McKague, Keith O. Pettapiece, Thomas Irwin, Mary Wadin, Myroslaw Hykawy, Irene McNaughton, Esther Abramoff, John Reichenhaller, Lillian Hunt, Wes Henderson (substitute), Anne Besselt, William Maslechko, Michael Yaremchuk, Jerry Marek, Asa L. Johnson, Olga Legebokoff (1956), Elizabeth Buller, Lorraine Lestage, Annie Lusty, Margret Lamb, and Anne Booth.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
A Study of Public School Buildings in Manitoba by David Butterfield, Historic Resources Branch, Manitoba Department of Culture, Heritage and Tourism, 1994, 230 pages.
Boots, Buggies & Buses: Swan Valley Schools in Quest of Education, Swan Valley School Division No. 35, circa 1998.
“Past times,” Swan Valley Star and Times, 12 September 2006, page 21.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 February 2021