Grain dealer Trevor G. Roberts was the first occupant of this house, the only one built in the Tuxedo area of Winnipeg in 1930. Its better-known later owner was Cecil A. R. Lamont who lived here from 1942 to 1970. Interesting details on this house are the eyebrow dormer window and the porte cochere.
Roberts House (September 2018)
Source: George Penner
Site Location (lat/long): N49.86840, W97.21815
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historical Tours in Manitoba: History and Walking Tour of Tuxedo
Memorable Manitobans: Cecil Alexander Ralph Lamont (1901-1982)
Page revised: 23 September 2018
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!