This three-storey brick and stone building on Morley Avenue in Winnipeg was built in 1928 by William Arthur Irish. The 76 foot by 102 foot structure contained 28 residential apartments in its original configuration.
Memorable Manitobans: William Arthur Irish (1872-1941)
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 1355/1928, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer, George Penner, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 18 February 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.