This three-storey brick block on Home Street in Winnipeg, measuring 100 feet by 66 feet, was designed by local architects Eldred Dodsworth Tuttle and David A. Abramovitch, and constructed between 1913 and 1914 by the Frid-Lewis Company for financial brokers John E. Lidholm and Christian Roed at a cost of about $50,000. The building contained 21 apartments in its original configuration. It has 23 apartments today.
Parkholme Apartments (November 2020)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.88442, W97.16850
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Eldred Dodsworth Tuttle (1878-1965)
Memorable Manitobans: David A. Abramovitch [Abramovich] (1871-1950)
Manitoba Business: Frid-Lewis Company
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 3436/1913, City of Winnipeg Archives.
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 511/1914, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Apartment House Architecture in Winnipeg to 1915 by David Spector, December 1980.
Find a Postal Code, Canada Post.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer, Gordon Goldsborough, and George Penner.
Page revised: 26 April 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!