This three-storey brick block on Balmoral Street in Winnipeg was designed and built in 1913 by Mrs. G. Wheldon at a cost of about $24,000. The 99 feet by 31 feet building contained 10 apartments in its original configuration.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ivanhoe Court / Hebb Apartments (277 Balmoral Street, Winnipeg)
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 76/1913, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Apartment House Architecture in Winnipeg to 1915 by David Spector, December 1980.
Find a Postal Code, Canada Post.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer, Gordon Goldsborough, and George Penner.
Page revised: 20 March 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.