This two-storey wood frame house on Dundurn Place in Winnipeg was built in 1909. John Byron Kilgour (1862-1947), original owner of the house, was Vice-President of the wholesale shoe business Kilgour-Rimer. This house is listed on the Wolseley Walking Tour.
Kilgour House (April 2019)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.88135, W97.16318
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historical Tours in Manitoba: A Historical Walking Tour of Wolseley (Winnipeg)
Canada 1911 census, Automated Genealogy.
Death registration [John Byron Kilgour], British Columbia Vital Statistics.
Page revised: 25 June 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!