The Jubilee School District was organized formally in June 1927 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at the southwest corner of SE3-33-20W in the Rural Municipality of Mountain. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its catchment area became part of the Duck Mountain School Division.

Jubilee School (no date) by J. S. Peach Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 108.

Jubilee School teacherage (no date) by J. S. Peach Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs, GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 108.

Former site of Jubilee School (June 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N51.79897, W100.21445 denoted by symbol on the map above
|
Sources:
School District Formation Files [Jubilee School District No. 2169], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 April 2021
 |
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes. |
|
|
|