This building at Harding, in the Rural Municipality of Wallace-Woodworth, was built in 1893 as Bradwardine Methodist at a site northwest of town where the graveyard remains. In 1905, the building was moved to Harding and, in 1925, it became a United Church. This church closed in 1964 and the building was converted to a community hall and contains a war memorial for local residents.
Among the clerics of Harding Methodist Church was John William Ridd.
The former Harding United Church (July 2019)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.98864, W100.53355
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Greenwood Cemetery (RM of Wallace-Woodworth)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Harding War Memorial (Harding, RM of Wallace-Woodworth)
Page revised: 9 May 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!