Built of logs in 1841 as the home for John Fraser, the structure became a municipally-designated historic site in April 1982. Responding to safety complaints from neighbors over the state of the building, its owner deconstructed the structure around 1989 and moved portions to a site in the Rural Municipality of Springfield where, as of 2012, it is still standing.
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.94227, W97.11075
denoted by symbol on the map above
“The Fraser homes – a tale of two houses,” Canstar Community News, June 2013.
We thank Murray Peterson for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 March 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!