This park, located at the foot of Antrim Road east of Molson Street in Winnipeg, is named in honour of John Hutchieson Coulter and his wife Eliza Scott Swain Coulter who operated a market garden on the site, which their sons continued until the land was sold in 1978 and ultimately became a new residential subdivision in East Kildonan. A commemorative plaque was erected in September 1993.
John H. Coulter Park Plaque (2010)
Source: City of Winnipeg
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.91655, W97.05795
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: John Hutchieson Coulter (1889-1941)
Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 6 March 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.