A two-storey, five-unit brick terrace building at the southeast corner of Arnold Avenue and Nassau Street South in Winnipeg, measuring 24 feet by 110 feet, was built in 1914 by its owner, local contractor Reubin Cohen, at a cost of about $12,000.
Memorable Manitobans: Reubin [Rubin] Cohen (c1865-1955)
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 836/1914, City of Winnipeg Archives.
“Permits grow,” Manitoba Free Press, 24 April 1914, page 9.
Property Assessment Details, Winnipeg Assessment and Taxation.
This page was prepared by Jordan Makichuk and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 19 May 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.