Construction of this Court House on Princess Avenue in Brandon began in 1908 and was completed in 1910, replacing the former structure on Victoria Avenue East. Designed jointly by provincial architect Samuel Hooper and Brandon architect William Alexander Elliott, it was built by the Brandon Construction Company.
Memorable Manitobans: Samuel Hooper (1851-1911)
Memorable Manitobans: William Alexander Elliott (1866-1957)
Memorable Manitobans: Thomas M. Harrington (1847-1937)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Brandon Gaol and Court House (525 Victoria Avenue East, Brandon)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Beautiful Plains County Court House (282 Hamilton Street, Neepawa)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Dauphin Law Courts Building (River Avenue West, Dauphin)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Minnedosa Court House (70 Third Avenue SW, Minnedosa)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Morden Court House and Gaol (Wardrop Street, Morden)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Sam Waller Museum / The Pas Community Building and Court House (306 Fischer Avenue, The Pas)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Winnipeg Law Courts (Broadway and Kennedy Street, Winnipeg)
The Early Court Houses of Manitoba by R. R. Rostecki, Parks Canada Manuscript Report No. 285, 1977. [Copy at Legislative Library of Manitoba, RBC FC3362 Ros]
We thank George Penner for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 19 April 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.