This residence on West Gate in the Armstrong’s Point area of Winnipeg was designed by local architect William Wallace Blair and built in 1911 for his son, engineer McCrea Parker Blair and his family. Converted to a duplex in 1958, the building is on the City of Winnipeg’s commemorative list of historical resources.
McCrea Parker Blair (1882-1958)
John R. and Grace Hitchings
Ernest Robert Tennant (1877-1975)
Edith Irene Tennant (1898-1989)
Walter and Mary Gawron &
John and Annie Maksymovich
Marilyn E. Gault
Blair House (April 2017)
Source: George Penner
Site Location (lat/long): N49.87842, W97.15888
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: William Wallace Blair (1852-1916)
Historical Tours in Manitoba: A Walking Tour of Armstrong’s Point by Patricia Thomson
Page revised: 27 December 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!