This three-storey brick block on Beverley Street in Winnipeg, measuring 99 feet by 66 feet, was designed by architect William Fingland and built in 1914 by the Frid-Lewis Company at a cost of $49,500 for owner D. R. Woods. The building contained 20 apartments on the upper floors and four stores at street level.
Memorable Manitobans: William Fingland (1862-1946)
Manitoba Business: Frid-Lewis Company
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 325/1914, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Apartment House Architecture in Winnipeg to 1915 by David Spector, December 1980.
Find a Postal Code, Canada Post.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer, Gordon Goldsborough, and George Penner.
Page revised: 10 April 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.