Historic Sites of Manitoba: Bank of British North America Building / Bank of Montreal Building (136 Fourth Street, Reston, RM of Pipestone)
This two-storey brick building in Reston, in the Rural Municipality of Pipestone, was designed by the Winnipeg architectural firm of Pratt and Ross and built in 1917 to replace a building destroyed by fire a year earlier. The main floor was occupied by a branch of the Bank of British North America (later the Bank of Montreal) with living quarters for bank employees on the second floor.
Manitoba Business: Pratt and Ross
Manitoba Business: Bank of British North America
Manitoba Business: Bank of Montreal
Biographical Dictionary of Architects in Canada, 1800-1950 by Robert G. Hill, Toronto.
We thank Jordan Makichuk for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Ken Storie and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 28 May 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.