A monument in the Rural Municipality of Argyle commemorates the Wolseley School District which was established in February 1885. It operated until 1942 and was formally dissolved in January 1960, becoming part of Baldur Consolidated School No. 667.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Wolseley School (511 Clifton Street, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Baldur District Schools (RM of Argyle)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lord Wolseley School / East Kildonan Collegiate (939 Henderson Highway, Winnipeg)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 22 January 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.