This two-storey brick building on William Avenue in Winnipeg was designed by local architect James H. Cadham and built in 1903 by contractors Robert Watson and Christopher H. Simpson for businessman Archibald F. Wright. In September 2015, it became a municipally-designated historic building.
Memorable Manitobans: James Henry Cadham (1850-1907)
Memorable Manitobans: Christopher Hickey “Chris” Simpson (1861-1928)
Memorable Manitobans: Archibald Francis Wright (1842-1912)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Winnipeg Saddlery Building, 284 William Avenue, City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings and Resources Committee, March 2015.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and George Penner.
Page revised: 27 December 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.