Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ogilvie Grain Elevator / Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator B (North Railway Avenue, Winkler)
A wooden grain elevator at Winkler, on the CPR La Riviere Subdivision, was built around 1901 by Ogilvie Flour Mills, with a balloon annex constructed beside it in 1940. Sold to Manitoba Pool Elevators in 1959, it became Pool B. Closed in 1976, it was later demolished.
Grain elevators at Winkler, from left to right, Federal Grain, Ogilvie Flour, and Lake of the Woods Milling (1956)
Source: John Everitt Collection, JCE-0564, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University
Manitoba Pool B elevator at Winkler (1972)
Source: Agricore United Engineering Department, Tom Price (Mgr), provided by Glenn Dickson (University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections)
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.18410, W97.94187
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Winkler Milling Grain Elevator / Inter-Ocean Grain Elevator / Pioneer Grain Elevator (South Railway Avenue, Winkler)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Federal Grain Elevator / Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator C (North Railway Avenue, Winkler)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lake of the Woods Grain Elevator / Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator A (North Railway Avenue, Winkler)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Cargill Grain Elevator (Cargill Road, Winkler)
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 October 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.