Built in 1931, this one-storey brick building on South Railway Street in Minto, in the Rural Municipality of Grassland, was the second municipal office for the Rural Municipality of Whitewater, replacing an 1897 building destroyed by fire in 1930.
The former Whitewater Municipal Office (August 2019)
Source: Rose Kuzina
The former Whitewater Municipal Office (August 2021)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.40693, W100.02303
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Abandoned Manitoba
Minto Memoirs 1881-1979: History of Minto and District by Minto and District Historical Society, 1979.
This page was prepared by Rose Kuzina, George Penner, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 May 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.