Historic Sites of Manitoba: Whirlpool School No. 2146 (RM of Park)
The Whirlpool School District was established in February 1926 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW10-19-18W in the Rural Municipality of Park. The district was dissolved in 1964 and the area became part of the Onanole Consolidated School No. 2402. It later became part of the Rolling River School Division. The former school building was moved to Onanole where it was used for storage and classes.
Among the teachers of Whirlpool School was Clare Pentland.
Wasagaming West topographic map, 62J/12 West, Edition 2, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Onanole & District by Onanole and District History Committee, 2003. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5649.O63 Ona]
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 19 September 2015
Back to top of page