Historic Sites of Manitoba: West Rosser School No. 1246 (RM of Rosser)
The West Rosser School District was organized formally in June 1903 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW3-12-1W in the Rural Municipality of Rosser. The district was dissolved in 1958 and its catchment area became part of the Rosser Municipal School District. The former schoolhouse was sold, moved to Marquette, and converted into a private residence.
Among the teachers of West Rosser School were Tina Mitchell, Betty Morland, Dora Briggs, Miss Scribner, Miss D. Green, Miss Buhr, Miss Worthington, Miss Blunderfjeld, Katie Holliston Beachell, Miss Martin, Edith Sanders, Louise Spence Cross, May Lally Blair, and Mrs. C. W. Hughes.
School District Formation Files [West Rosser School District No. 1246], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
The First Hundred Years, 1893-1993 by the Rosser Municipality Centennial History Book Committee, page 99.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 27 April 2017
Back to top of page