Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ulster School No. 1756 (RM of Rosser)
The Ulster School District was established formally in August 1914 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE11-12-2E in the Rural Municipality of Rosser. The district was dissolved in 1967 when it became part of the Interlake School Division. The former school building was moved to Warren where it was used for storage.
Among the teachers of Ulster School were Miss Mills, Mr. Allygard, Miss S. Blokland, R. Holloway, Mary Kenny, Rita Phillips, Mrs. Jean Scott, Marion Hamilton, Mae SmaIl, Mrs. M. Davidson, R. Williams, Dorothy Summerton, Marguerite DePage, Mrs. J. Johnson, Mrs. V. Smith, Mrs. L. Loeb, Miss Klassen, and Walter C. Bilych.
Stonewall East topographic map, 62H/11 East, Edition 1, 1952, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
The First Hundred Years, 1893-1993 by the Rosser Municipality Centennial History Book Committee, page 102-103.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 29 March 2018
Back to top of page