The Tache School District was established in May 1897 and a schoolhouse operated at SE4-3-1E in the Rural Municipality of Montcalm. The district was dissolved in 1966 and students from this area went to St. Jean Baptiste Consolidated School No. 2362. There is no vestige of the former school building at the site.
Tache School (no date) by A. A. Herriot
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 26.
The former Tache School building (circa 1986)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Public School Buildings Inventory, slide 711.
Site Location (lat/long): N49.17792, W97.39187
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Tache School (Kenny Street, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ecole Tache (744 Langevin Street, Winnipeg)
Emerson West topographic map, 62H/3 West, Edition 2 ASE, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 15 August 2015
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.