Historic Sites of Manitoba: Springstein School No. 2143 (Springstein, RM of Cartier)
The Springstein School District was organized formally in February 1926 and a school building was erected in Springstein, in the Rural Municipality of Cartier. In April 1969, it joined the Morris-Macdonald School Division No. 19 and continued to operate until June 1981 when it closed permanently. A commemorative monument at the former school site was erected in August 1996.
Photos & Coordinates
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Treasures of Time: The Rural Municipality of Cartier, 1914-1984 by RM of Cartier, c1985. [Legislative Library of Manitoba, F5648.C37 Tre]
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 June 2023