The Round Lake School District was organized formally in February 1913 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE3-18-19W in the Rural Municipality of Harrison. The district was dissolved in 1962 and its area became part of the Erickson Consolidated School District.
Round Lake School (no date) by W. C. Hartley
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 12.
The former Round Lake School building (circa 1990)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Public School Buildings Inventory, slide 532.
Site Location (lat/long): N50.52021, W100.00103
denoted by symbol on the map above
Cummin’s Rural Directory Map for Manitoba published by the Cummins Map Company, 404 Chambers of Commerce, Winnipeg, 1923. [Copies held by Edward M. Ledohowski and Gordon Goldsborough]
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 February 2015
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.