Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Robinson House (97 Nassau Street North, Winnipeg)

This two-storey brick residence on Nassau Street North in Winnipeg was designed by architect George Browne and built in 1903 by contractor John Dolmer. The original owner was coal and wood dealer William Edwin Robinson (1859-1934) who lived here until his death.

Robinson House

Robinson House (April 2018)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.87770, W97.14964
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: George Browne (1852-1919)

Memorable Manitobans: John Dolmer (?-?)

Sources:

1911 Canada census, Automated Genealogy.

Obituary [William Edwin Robinson], Winnipeg Tribune, 15 January 1934, page 16.

William Edwin Robinson House, 97 Nassau Street North by Murray Peterson, Peterson Projects, December 2009.

Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 8 August 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.