Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Prawda School No. 1792 (RM of Stuartburn)

The Prawda School District was organized formally in June 1915 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE31-2-6E in the Rural Municipality of Stuartburn. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its catchment area became part of the Boundary School Division.

Prawda School

Prawda School (no date) by A. A. Herriot
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 36.

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.17759, W96.76506
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Reynolds School (Prawda, RM of Reynolds)

Sources:

School District Formation Files [Prawda School District No. 1792], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 10 September 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.