Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Powell House (221 Park Boulevard, Winnipeg)

This limestone house in the Tuxedo area of Winnipeg was built in 1949 for Kenneth A. Powell by Frank Lount and Sons Builders. Lount built many homes in Tuxedo, most of them in the mid-1930s, and most on speculation, including 137 Handsart, 131 Grenfell sold to Oliver Pollard in 1935, and 139 Grenfell bought by Dr. Charles W. Burns also in 1935.

Powell House

Powell House (September 2018)
Source: George Penner

Site Location (lat/long): N49.86844, W97.21957
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historical Tours in Manitoba: History and Walking Tour of Tuxedo

Memorable Manitobans: Kenneth A. “Ken” Powell (1898-1982)

Memorable Manitobans: Frank Reade Lount (1890-1976)

Sources:

Assessment and Taxation, City of Winnipeg.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 19 August 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.