Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Paulson House (Fourth Avenue, Gimli, RM of Gimli)

Constructed in 1931, this private residence in Gimli was owned by Mayor C. P. Paulson. In 1936, Governor General Lord Tweedsmuir dined here during a tour of the Interlake region.

Paulson House

Paulson House (no date)
Source: Gimli Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.63573, W96.99040
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Christian P. Paulson (1863-1953)

Historical Tours in Manitoba: Walking Tour of Gimli

Sources:

Paulson House, Gimli Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 30 June 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.