Historic Sites of Manitoba: James K. MacIsaac School / Our Lady of Victory School (249 Arnold Street, Winnipeg)
Designed by architect Roy Sellors, this Roman Catholic school on Arnold Street in Winnipeg was built between 1946 and 1949. Originally named Our Lady of Victory School, in 1971 it was renamed for its founder, cleric James Kenneth MacIsaac. As of 1999, the school reverted to its original name.
Memorable Manitobans: Roy Sellors (1913-2005)
Memorable Manitobans: James Kenneth MacIsaac (1903-1980)
An Understanding of Our History, Our Lady of Victory School.
We thank Darryl Resch for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by George Penner and S. Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 July 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.