In 1911, this two-storey, wood frame building on William Avenue in Winnipeg was converted by owner Donald William “Billy” Maclean from a duplex, probably dating from the early 1900s, into a four-suite apartment block named Oban Court.
Oban Court (November 2020)
Source: George PennerSite Coordinates (lat/long): N49.90325, W97.15217
denoted by symbol on the map above
See also:
Memorable Manitobans: Donald William “Billy” Maclean (1868-1913)
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 594/1911, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
This page was prepared by George Penner, Nathan Kramer, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 January 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | OtherInclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.Help us keep history alive!