Historic Sites of Manitoba: Norman Hall / Normandy Dance Hall / Sildor Ballroom (275-277 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg)
A three-storey brick building on Sherbrook Street in Winnipeg was constructed around 1905 as the Norman Hall, housing a dance studio operated by Mrs. William E. Norman and providing space for public functions and religious services. It was later known as the Normandy Dance Hall. The building was demolished and the site is now occupied by high-density residential housing.
Normandy Dance Hall (1983)
Source: Tim Trivett
Site Location (lat/long): N49.88696, W97.15900
denoted by symbol on the map above
The Normandy Dance Hall by Myron Love
Manitoba History, Number 5, Spring 1983
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 April 2017
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.