The Nordheim School District was established in June 1935 and a wood frame school building was constructed at SW29-30-18W in the Rural Municipality of Mossey River. The school closed around 1967 and the building was used for a time as a granary. In dilapidated condition, it was demolished by its owner in June 2013. All that remains at the site is its concrete floor.
The former Nordheim School building (circa 1986)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Public School Buildings Inventory, slide 827.
Site of the former Nordheim School building (July 2013)
Source: Alan Mason
Site Location (lat/long): N51.59473, W99.97103
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
A Study of Public School Buildings in Manitoba by David Butterfield, Historic Resources Branch, Manitoba Department of Culture, Heritage and Tourism, 1994, 230 pages.
This page was prepared by Alan Mason and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 11 February 2015
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.