The New Home School District was established formally in January 1913. It operated a school building on the northwest quarter of 18-26-7 west of the Principal Meridian in what is now the Rural Municipality of Grahamdale. The school closed in the summer of 1969. The building is no longer present at the site.
Among the teachers of New Home School was Mary Katherine Hertzog (1968-1969).
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N51.25831, W98.44357
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba School Records Collection, New Home School District No. 1647 - Daily Registers, GR11220, Archives of Manitoba.
School division half-yearly attendance reports (Schedule: E 0757), Archives of Manitoba.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 29 January 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!