Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Manitoba Communities: Grahamdale (Rural Municipality)

Link to:
Population | Mayors / Reeves | Memorable Manitobans | Historic Sites | History Books | Maps | Contact Information | Sources

This municipality was named for Samuel Graham, the first postmaster in the area.

Present Status

Rural Municipality of Grahamdale (1 January 1997)

Incorporation History

Local Government District of Grahamdale (1 January 1945)

It contains the former RM of Woodlea. See The “Disorganized” Municipalities of Manitoba.

Adjoining Municipalities

Fisher, West Interlake

Constituent Communities

Camper, Davis Point, Fairford, Faulkner, Grahamdale, Gypsumville, Hilbre, Moosehorn, Mulvihill, Pineimuta, St. Martin, Spearhill, Steep Rock

Land Area (square km)

2385.42

Population

Year

Total

1951

2909

1956

2768

1961

2697

1966

3058

1971

2700

1976

2247

1981

2192

1986

2207

1991

1812

1996

1625

2001

1500

2006

1416

2011

1354

2016

1334

2021

1278

Reeves

Term

Reeve

1960-1971

J. B. McFee

1971-1972

?

1972-1973

W. Wood

1973-1975

L. A. Procyshyn

1975-1978

Edward John “Ed” Yaworski (1914-2001)

1978-1980

?

1980-1986

Clarence R. Kiesman

1986-2001

Colin Brown

2001-?

Brian Kiesman

?-2014

Diane Price

2014-2022

Clifford Halaburda

2022-?

Craig Howse

Memorable Manitobans

Search the MHS collection of biographies for ones connected to Grahamdale:

Custom Search

Historic Sites

Go here for a list of historic sites in Grahamdale.

History Books

Go here for a list of history books for Grahamdale.

Maps

Sources

Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.

We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 28 October 2022

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.