Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Murphy House (205 Dromore Avenue, Winnipeg)

This two-storey brick residence on Dromore Avenue in the Crescentwood neighbourhood of Winnipeg was constructed in 1912. It was donated in 1940 by its owner, William Arthur Murphy, to the Royal Canadian Air Force in memory of his son, Gerald, who was killed on active service that year. A stone monument on the front grounds was unveiled in 1997.

Murphy House

Murphy House (2010)
Source: City of Winnipeg

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.87250, W97.17000
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: William Arthur Murphy (1884-1968)

Sources:

Assessment and Taxation, City of Winnipeg.

Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 19 August 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.