Designed by architect Pall Melsted “Paul” Clemens, this house was erected in 1913 for John Moyse, who owned a stable and livery business on William Avenue near Market Square. In 1923, the house was purchased by grain broker Wilfred Campbell who sold it, five years later, to grain broker George Duncan Cameron. After the Cameron family vacated the house, it had several owners until being split into three suites in the late 1950s. The building is a municipally-designated historic site.
Memorable Manitobans: Pall Melsted “Paul” Clemens (1870-1966)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Memorable Manitobans: George Duncan Cameron (1874-1947)
J. Moyse House (838 Wolseley Avenue), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, June 1981.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough, Rose Kuzina, and George Penner.
Page revised: 19 September 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.