Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Mountainside Town Site (Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester)

The community of Mountainside was established in 1914 as a station on the Canadian National Railway through what is now the Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester. Known originally as Anvers, after the school district on NE24-2-22W, it was renamed around 1916, presumably in commemoration of its close proximity to the Turtle Mountains, and a post office operated at 24-2-22W.

Mountainside Town Site

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.14167, W100.28860
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Mountainside School No. 248 (Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester)

Sources:

Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.

Mountainside, Turtle Mountain - Souris Plains Heritage Association.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 20 February 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.