Established in 1898 at a site north of here, the Morranville School District operated at this site in the Municipality of Grandview from 1920 to 1967. After the school closed, its remaining students went to Grandview Consolidated School No. 2447. The distinctive red-brick school building, built on the same plans as Glencove School, now appears to be vacant.
Morranville School (no date) by H. L. Albright
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 19.
Former Morranville School building (circa 1986)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Public School Buildings Inventory, slide 496.
Former Morranville School building (June 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N51.22378, W100.74198
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Morranville School No. 901 (Municipality of Grandview)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Glencove School No. 205 (Municipality of Glenboro-South Cypress)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
A Study of Public School Buildings in Manitoba by David Butterfield, Historic Resources Branch, Manitoba Department of Culture, Heritage and Tourism, 1994, 230 pages.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 July 2018
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.