Historic Sites of Manitoba: Minto School No. 1174 (Minto, Municipality of Grassland)
Minto School was established formally in Minto, in what is now the Municipality of Grassland, in July 1901, becoming Minto Consolidated School in 1962. The present red-brick school building dates from 1928. The bell from Minto School is contained a monument nearby, at N49.40680 W100.02314, as a donation from the Minto and District Historical Society.
Among the other teachers of Minto School was Sara Elizabeth Buchanan.
Photos & Coordinates
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 May 2020