Historic Sites of Manitoba: Mimir School No. 891 (RM of Argyle)
The Mimir School District was established in June 1896 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE32-5-14W in the Rural Municipality of Argyle. The district was dissolved in 1960 and its area was divided between the Belmont Consolidated School District, Antonius School District, and Glenboro Consolidated School District. It eventually became part of the Tiger Hills School Division.
Among the teachers of Mimir School were Miss Olive Card, Miss Lena Davidson, Miss Anderson, Mr. C. A. Story, Sigrun Skardal, Lorinda Goodski, Min White, Miss Emily Geddes, John C. Stewart, Miss Ida Irene Douglas, Miss Lang, Mr. Fjelsted, Myrtle Leslie, D. J. Duncan, Miss Violet Dale, Mrs. V. A. Sveinsson, Miss Earla Nattrass, Mr. A. Diamond, Miss Kathleen Dowd, Don Barker, Mrs. Rene Scott, and Miss Dora Dale.
Baldur West topographic map, 62G/6 West, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Beneath the Long Grass by Glenboro and Area Historical Society, 1979, page 95.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 May 2020
Back to top of page