Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Mandeville Park / J. Frank Johnston Park (2050 Ness Avenue, Winnipeg)

Formerly known as Mandeville Park, this Winnipeg park was renamed in 2011 in honour of St. James Alderman, Deputy Mayor of Winnipeg, and MLA John Franklin “Frank” Johnston. The park is also home to the Deer Lodge Tennis Club.

J. Frank Johnston Park

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.88424, W97.23198
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: John Franklin “Frank” Johnston (1929-2017)

Sources:

Standing Policy Committee on Protection, Community Services and Parks Regular Meeting Minutes (Reports - 108), 30 May 2011, City of Winnipeg Clerks Decision Making Information System.

“Parks to be renamed after former councillors,” Winnipeg Free Press (The Metro), 18 May 2011.

This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.

Page revised: 2 May 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.