This two-storey brick building on Hamilton Street in Neepawa was constructed in 1899 for dentist Frederick E. White (1865-?). The lower level was used for his dental practice with a residential apartment on the upper level. In 1908, George Harvey Macdonald (1877-1952) joined the practice and eventually took it over. Subsequent occupants included a realty office and the Neepawa Banner. It has been occupied by a realty company since 1999.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Safeway Store / Neepawa Banner Building (243 Hamilton Street, Neepawa)
MHS Centennial Business: Neepawa Press / Neepawa Banner and Press
1906 and 1911 Canada censuses, Automated Genealogy.
Neepawa, Land of Plenty by A. F. “Dick” McKenzie, 1958, page 40.
Neepawa Heritage, 1983, pages 584-586.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 5 September 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.