A concrete culvert bridge over a small unnamed creek in the Rural Municipality of Montcalm was built in 1924 by the Winnipeg-based William Newman & Company, using Plan 1064, at a cost of $1,983. Formerly part of Provincial Trunk Highway 14, the bridge now stands abandoned in an agricultural field.
Memorable Manitobans: William Newman (1866-1952)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Concrete Beam Bridge No. 1061 (Clubb Coulee, RM of Montcalm)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Concrete Culvert Bridge No. 1063 (RM of Montcalm)
Manitoba historic bridges inventory book (1920s), copy in possession of Gordon Goldsborough on loan from David Ennis.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 June 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.