Historic Sites of Manitoba: Light School No. 1626 (RM of Rockwood)
The Light School District was established in May 1912. A one-room school building operated at NE25-17-1E in the Rural Municipality of Rockwood. After the school closed, the building was moved to this farm site where it is used for storage.
Among the teachers of Light School was Mary A. Bodnarus (circa 1955).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Obituary [Mary Antonia Bodnarus Berch], Winnipeg Free Press, 24 September 2016.
We thank Ed Arndt for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 27 October 2016
Back to top of page